Reducing Machinery Downtime
Dry Ice Blasting will reduce downtime on machinery cleaning. This is a fact. No other form of cleaning will be as efficient as dry ice blast cleaning. We can clean your machinery whilst still in place and we can clean machinery whilst still online.
The chart below shows a recent example of how we are saving a component manufacturer money by saving them over 2500 hours per year in machinery cleaning time. The hour it takes to traditionally clean each mould doesn’t include dismantle and re assemble times. Dry Ice Blasting cleans the moulds in situ, no dismantle and no re assembly.
Production levels are directly increased as a result of shorter machinery downtime. This saving has been proved time and again in all industries where dry ice blasting is used.
Dry Ice Blasting is completely non-toxic. No hazardous chemicals are used at all. The CO2 that makes the ice pellets is recycled from the energy sector creating a chain of sustainability not only for us, but for our customers too.
Benefits over traditional blasting media.
Dry ice blasting:
- is a non-abrasive, nonflammable and nonconductive cleaning method
- is environmentally-friendly and contains no secondary contaminants such as solvents or grit media
- is clean and approved for use in the food industry
- allows most items to be cleaned in place without time-consuming disassembly
- can be used without damaging active electrical or mechanical parts or creating fire hazards
- can be used to remove production residues, release agents, contaminants, paints, oils and biofilms
- can be as gentle as dusting smoke damage from books or as aggressive as removing weld slag from tooling
- can be used for many general cleaning applications
Click here for Video of: Printing Press Blast Cleaning