We consider ourselves as one of the pioneers in ‘green’ cleaning. Since 1997 RCS decided to ‘switch’ from conventional cleaning chemicals to more Eco friendly cleaning solutions.
We work closely with our suppliers to provide us with the very best in eco friendly chemicals and we also implement CFC (Chemical Free Cleaning) into all of our operations where possible. Since February 2012 we have introduced a zero waste policy and have recently approached the Zero Waste Alliance UK to help us audit our commitment.
We believe our environmental focus isn’t just designed to meet our own targets, but also to meet our clients sustainability goals.
Below is part of our environmental statement:
‘The company ethos is ‘green’ cleaning. This covers commercial and domestic
cleaning, cleaning for health and hygiene and cleaning for the environment, our
3 main components.
RCS recognises the importance increasingly being given to eco-sensitive and environmental aspects of cleaning and restoration, commonly referred to as ‘green cleaning’.
• Continually improve our environmental performance by carrying
out regular reviews and monitoring of our environmental
• Provide our employees with training and information in relation
to environmental issues and the environmental effects of
their activities as individuals.
• Assess the environmental impact of our operations and reassess
• Recognise and exceed the requirements of current legislation
and approved codes of practice where applicable.
• Prevent pollution, emissions and waste, together with the use
of raw materials and energy.
• Encourage similar standards from all customers, suppliers,
and contractors on environmental matters.
• Take action to support our local communities and the local
• Ensure that all employees and associates understand our environmental
policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
• Minimise energy, water and vehicle usage.
Managing Director RCS